Last Updated (24 August, 2020)
Information About You That We Collect
We collect two types of information from you: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual. It includes but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, sex, payment information, credit or debit card information, postal address, and shipping address. You can surf through the website without submitting your personal information. Non-personal information is any information that cannot be used to directly identify an individual. Examples include IP address, interaction with the Website, usage information, location, type of browser, operating system, your search terms or search queries, internet service providers, and device information. The purpose of collecting non-identifiable information is to better how you use our Website and its functionalities and how we can improve your shopping experience.
The Legitimate Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information
We use your information for any of the following reasons:
Contact Administration: We use your personal information to process your billing information and associated payments. We also use it to communicate with you in the event of a legal proceeding.
Access and communication on our website: We use your information to contact you on our website for announcements including site updates or to respond to comments, questions, or requests through our Customer Support
Website Use: We may use your personal information to better understand your needs and interests as it relates to the Website and help improve the Website for a better shopping experience.
Shared With Third Parties: We may share your personal information with affiliated companies to enable them to perform specific services for us.
Direct Marketing: We may use your personal information to contact you to notify you of new products, offers, and services that may be of interest to you.
In addition to the purposes set above, please be informed that we may share your information in the circumstance of legal disputes as regards our privacy policies.
Storage of Your Personal Information
Lavish Legacy will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as long as required by law. You can request to have your personal information deleted at any time and we will comply as soon as legally possible with your request. However, we may retain and use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve issues, and enforce our rights and agreements.
If you need more details on the storage of your personal information, please contact us.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to help you improve your user experience on our Website and personalize the Website to your needs and preferences. We may use the personal and non-personal information that we collect from you in the following ways;
- Post user-generated content provided by Users of the Website;
- Contact Users regarding special offers, new products, special events, and services offered on the Website;
- Communicate with Users regarding their account and Website transactions;
- Conduct advertising based on your activities on the Website or based on your location;
- Provide contents and products you requested;
- Contact the audience about their products or reviews;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, loyalty programs, and surveys;
- Improve and optimize our products, services, and the Website;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent abuse, fraud, any activity that may violate our policies, or be illegal; and/or
- Perform demographic, statistical, and marketing analysis of Users and purchasing patterns.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose the personal information collected from you on the Website to our agents, affiliates, partners, and other third parties as described below.
We share your information with some third-party agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers perform functions on our behalf, including but not limited to: content management, hosting, marketing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, content syndication, and technical integration.
These companies may have access to the personal information we collect if needed to perform their function. In the event that such access is required, these third parties will be contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are prohibited from selling, using, or distributing this data in any way other than to provide the requested services.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations
We may disclose personal information if required by law to do so or on the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to
- Protect against legal liability;
- Comply with legal process served on us or our Website or to conform with applicable law;
- Protect and defend our rights or property, our Users, and/or the Site; or
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, the Users, or the public.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose your non-personal information in a manner that we deem appropriate. We may disclose your non-personal information to third parties to help us analyze and determine the behavioral pattern of our Users and from that information, determine how we can further improve our Website. We may also disclose non-personal information to our service providers and other third parties about how our Users collectively use the Website.
Exclusion of Marketing Communications
When you provide Lavish Legacy with your contact details like email address, we may send you marketing communications on new offers, products, and announcements that may be of interest to you. However, you have the right to unsubscribe from these communications. We will remove your email from our marketing communications list immediately after receipt of such request. If you wish to opt-out of certain marketing communications, simply open any marketing email we send to you and click on Unsubscribe to opt-out.
Security of Your Information
We care about the security of your personal information and we take adequate security steps to ensure that we protect such information. Part of our security measures means that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. However, no network, server, database, or e-mail transmission, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and error-free. Therefore, you should take care in choosing what information you send to us via the Website. Please bear this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information. In case any information under our control gets compromised, we will take appropriate steps to investigate the situation and notify the appropriate individuals whose information may have been compromised. We would also take other steps in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small text files that contain a small amount of information that is stored on a user’s computer and provided by the visitor’s browser to the website every time a User revisits the Website. We automatically collect certain types of usage data when you visit our Website using cookies. Cookies allow you to log in faster and improve your navigation through the Website. A cookie may also provide us with information on how you use the Website and enables us to track your usage of the Website over a certain period of time. We may collect anonymous information from your browser such as your IP address, device information, browser type, number of clicks, your interactions with links on our Website, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also make use of web beacons to anonymously track usage patterns of our Users. Web beacons are electronic files hosted on the Website that controls usage. Web beacons allow for more accurate analysis and improvement of our Website Services.
Link to Third Party Websites
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age and you use our Website, please stop immediately. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to our Website, please contact our Customer Support and upon verification, we will take appropriate steps to delete the personal information from our database.
- You have to right to request written documentation of the personal information we have on you on our account files free of charge. You can make this request once annually. To request this document, please contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to request for correction, updating, and/or deletion of any information we have about you on our Website. You can make this request by emailing us at email@example.com. We will reply to your request as soon as we can. In the event that we are not able to remove your personal information, we will endeavor to let you know why we are unable to do so. For example, we may be required by law or otherwise to keep some information for a certain period of time without deleting it. After the expiration of the retention period however, we will delete the information as per your request.
- We may send administrative and marketing communications to you via email from time to time about your transactions on the Website, as well as customer service response to requests, customer surveys, and promotions, including updates about new services that may be available to you on the Website. You can choose to opt-out of receiving any marketing or promotional emails from us at any time by simply clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional or marketing email. Please be informed that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional emails regarding your account or your transactions with us, and customer support responses.
European Union Users
European Union data protection law requires legal grounds for collecting and retaining personal data from citizens and residents of the European Economic Areas (“EEA”). Our lawful basis for collecting such information about you is permitted under Article 6, Sections 1(a), 1(b), 1(c), and 1(f) of the EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), as summarized below.
Consent: In some circumstances, you have given us your consent to collect your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
Contract: We may need your Personal Information to fulfill our contractual obligation to you on the Website as such as completing a payment process.
Legal Obligations: Sometimes, we are required by law to collect and use your Personal Information, such as applicable tax laws which may need us to store records of payments through the Website.
Legitimate Interests: This occurs when we have a good and fair reason to make use of your Personal Information and we do so in ways that are not detrimental to your interests and rights, such as pursuing our legitimate interests in running our business and is not directly detrimental to your rights, freedom, and interests. For example (i) detection and prevention of abuse and fraud; (ii) to send you marketing and promotional communications relating to our Services; (iii) analyze User’s interaction with the Website and with other Users so we can understand how better to improve the functionality of the Website to provide you with the best User experience; (iv) to ensure the safety and security of the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California who are Users of this Website to request certain information regarding Lavish Legacy’s disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please, you may have to wait for 30 days to get a response.